NHS Improvement has updated earlier guidance on leadership development for improved systems leadership, ongoing quality improvement, more inclusive and compassionate leadership, and better talent management. The national framework comprises five key components / conditions:
- Condition 1: Improving Care: Leaders equipped to develop high quality local health and care systems in partnership.
- Condition 2: Improving Care: Compassionate, inclusive and effective leaders at all levels.
- Condition 3: Improving Care: Knowledge of improvement methods and how to use them at all levels.
- Condition 4: Improving Care: Support systems for learning at local, regional and national levels.
- Condition 5: Improving Care: Enabling, supportive and aligned regulation and oversight.
Developing People: Improving Care. London: NHS Improvement, February 13th 2019.
There is also an Executive Summary.