NHS England has released a guide about ways in which allied health professionals (AHPs) can support the Enhanced Health in Care Homes (EHCH) framework, with a view to improving the health and wellbeing of care homes residents. Component activities include, very broadly:
- Enhanced primary care support.
- Nutrition and hydration.
- Rehabilitation and reablement.
- End of life and dementia care.
- Workforce support, education and training.
- Digital technology adoption, usage and support.
Quick guide: Allied health professionals enhancing health for people in care homes. Transforming health, care and wellbeing with allied health professionals. London: NHS England, July 18th 2019. Publications Gateway Reference No.000721.