Sir Robert Naylor’s independent review of NHS property and estates investigates best use of NHS property / estates, mainly with respect to opportunities for helping to fund sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) and NHS England’s Five Year Forward View, while optimising the use of NHS land and buildings. The main table of contents comprises:
- Executive summary.
- The current NHS estate.
- The future estate required to deliver the Five Year Forward View.
- The opportunity to release value from the estate.
- Encouraging and incentivising local action.
- Creating more opportunities to build homes.
- Capability and capacity to deliver.
- Funding and national planning.
NHS Property and Estates: why the estate matters for patients. An independent report by Sir Robert Naylor, for the Secretary of State for Health. [The Naylor Review]. London: Department of Health, March 31st 2017.
An earlier submission, commissioned by the Department of Health:
Wenzel, L. Gilburt, H. [and] Murray, R. (2016). NHS estates: review of the evidence. London: The King’s Fund, October 2016.
Pym, H. (2017). Could private investors fund a new wave of hospitals? London: BBC Health News, April 10th 2017.