An NHS Local web page pays tribute to how the New Cross Hospital (the Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals Trust) has made extraordinary efforts to care for people who are in hospital and who also have dementia.
This page includes a short NHS Local video. The video includes guest appearances by the hospital staff, carers, patients and relatives. There are personal appearances (in alphabetical order) by:
- Matron Karen Bowley, Physical Illness and Dementia Ward (RWHT).
- Professor Dawn Brooker, from Worcester University’s Department of Dementia Studies.
- Dr Daryl Leung, Clinical Director, Care of the Elderly (RWHT).
- David Loughton CBE, Chief Executive (RWHT).
- Pauline Smith, Dementia and End of Life Clinical Lead (NHS West Midlands).
Read more and view the video: New Cross Hospital pioneers care for people with dementia in hospital (NHS Local).